Important notice – COVID-19: For a general summary of information on medical emergencies abroad and salary insurance, and to find out the status of our services, visit the page COVID-19.
MÉDIC Construction is a private insurance plan reserved exclusively for members of the construction industry; it is funded entirely by the construction industry. This insurance plan is universal for two reasons:
- Because all workers and employers working in this economic sector in Quebec must contribute to it, according to the provisions set out in the collective agreements
- Because all participants fall under the Règlement sur les régimes complémentaires d'avantages sociaux dans l'industrie de la construction.
This universality enables workers to preserve their rights even when they change employers or work regions.
The MÉDIC Construction insurance plan offers coverage:
- For health insurance (medications, hospitalization, dental care, etc.)
- For salary insurance (in case of disability)
- For life and accidental mutilation insurance
Workers and retirees in the construction industry may be covered by MÉDIC Construction's basic insurance plans or the retirees' insurance plan if they meet certain conditions. Some trades have supplementary insurance plans offering additional coverage to that in the basic plans. MÉDIC Construction provides family insurance coverage - that is, dependents of insureds may also receive certain coverage.
Those insured by MÉDIC construction also profit from a health-promotion and -management program, CONSTRUIRE en santé. This program gives them access to professional services related to physical and mental health.
For the insurance period of July to December 2019, more than 142,000 people were insured. When dependents are taken into account, MÉDIC Construction covers about 320,000 individuals.